I titled my blog "A Wandering Texas Girl wonders..." because I have wandered around a lot on my bike for the last 7 or 8 years, trying to see as much countryside as I can. But I have been slacking off the last couple of years, and I have been trying to figure out why that is.
Okay, so there's really not a lot to figure out, truthfully. I have several things that have worked against me in the "motorcycle travels" department. First and foremost, after my brother was murdered I lost a lot of the passion that I had for riding. Whether that was due to feeling my mortality more, not wanting to risk my parents going through the loss of another child or just that I plain did not care about a lot of the things I cared about before...I don't really care to dissect it that much (scary). I just don't have the same passion for it today that I had a couple of years ago.
Another large part of it is simply financial. I just do not have the same amount of disposable income that I had prior to changing jobs. I work extra, so I have less vacation time to burn as a result, as well...
So here's my plan...I am going to try and get in one decent length ride this summer or fall and see if I can renew my passion for it. I believe it will, just because experience has shown me how peaceful a long ride is. I need to find some peace, that's for damn sure!! LOL
There really is no feeling like it. I cannot explain how free and peaceful I feel when I'm out riding... I remember that, and want to get it back, but I just haven't been "feelin' it". We will see what comes of that.
I know there will be a LOT of short trips and commuting this summer, due to the truck situation. The bike and my county car will be my only means of transpo for a few months. The added miles on short runs may help me get my riding legs back and help me get back to what it was before. I have made so many new and life-long friends as a result of riding, I will forever be grateful and I certainly hate to think of losing out on making even more.
Time will tell how this all works itself out....the suspense is killing me!! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson
ReplyDeleteLOVE that quote!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought you might!!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping you find what you're looking for!!! :)
ReplyDelete