Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Can someone tell me why....

Why, at every point where I SEEM to be getting control of my finances and reaching an even keel, SOMEthing happens? I know that everyone says this, but it really is frustrating for me!! As most of you know, I work a couple of "extra jobs" and I have been putting in lots and lots of hours at both of them lately, in an attempt to regain control.

One of the extra jobs is pretty steady and has served as an equalizer, basically filling the gap in my salary when I changed jobs. If not for working this first extra job, I would not have been able to stay at my present employer for the time frame that I have. The pitiful salary that comes with my job simply does not pay the bills. I knew this going in, and CHOSE to work at a place where I actually enjoy going to work as opposed to a job where I was miserable but made a decent living. I would make that same choice again tomorrow...

But that being said, the bills still have to get paid, so I do what I have to do. No big. Not looking for sympathy. I am a grown ass woman who made a conscious decision....

All the extra work had begun to pay off and I was just about to get caught up enough to start making a serious dent in my debt. Seeing a light at the end of that tunnel is HUGE in order to keep pushing forward and struggling with the added hours, lack of sleep and just general fatigue that comes with all that extra work time. AND THEN my truck breaks down...and it is going to cost between $600 and $800 to fix it! OUCHIE!!!

On the surface, I thought "No sweat, I have a extra job paycheck coming that should cover it". Which is true...it would...had I not made a double payment on another bill THE DAY BEFORE the truck broke down. LOL So here I am, wondering how I have induced this Karma upon myself...and wondering how to shake that off and find the good kind of Karma for a change!!

I know I will get it taken care of, because that's what we do. I guess I just wish that it wasn't so damn hard all the time!!

Okay....vent session complete. Onward and upward!!

Laterz,
Ang

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya, girl. I have been barely treading water for some time now and just when I think I see my light at the end of the tunnel (TV paid off, student loan paid off, etc.), I discover I need to start saving up for trips to Germany to see Pete. *sigh* At least mine is self-imposed (to a degree) and not emergent like yours. What's that saying?? "What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger?" If you're like me, you wish they didn't think we were so damn strong... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott and I are in way too much debt to say we have a handle on our finances, but one thing that has helped us tremendously is setting up an emergency fund. It was extremely hard to save up while still paying bills, but once we had it set up, it took alot of pressure off. Of course, when something happens, as it invariably does, we have to build it back up again. It has made a huge difference though! We are doing Dave Ramsay's baby steps to becoming debt free. The emergency fund is step one, and snowballing debt (which sounds like what you are doing) is step two. We are on step two and will be for about 2-3years. I hope my kids are learning from our mistakes and will do better with their finances. I hope you get where you want to be fast!! You work so hard, you deserve it!! Remember, today you're living like no other, so later, you can live like no other!! :)

    ReplyDelete